Encounter raw beauty and vibrant culture on the tiny islands of Vanuatu on this eight-day expedition. Leave the resorts of Port Vila behind and fly to rainforest-rich islands where you can meet locals, immerse yourself in nature and enjoy true adventure travel. Encounter communities where kastom – traditional culture and law – still rules, including the legendary John Frum ‘cargo cult’ villages. Snorkel among the gorgeous coral reef that is protected by law. Trek through towering greenery and learn about living among active volcanoes and tropical wilderness. Embrace a side of Vanuatu that few tourists seek out, but one that those who do will never forget.
- Rentapao River – Kayaking
- Rentapao River – Rentapao Cascades
- Rentapao River – French-style lunch
- Tanna – Rainforest trek
- Tanna – World’s largest banyan tree
- Tanna – Mt Yasur
- Tanna – Kastom village visit
- Tanna – Rainforest & John Frum cargo cult villages trek
- Tanna – Port Resolution
- Tanna – Hot Springs
- Nguna Island – Snorkelling
- Nguna Island – Tree planting activity
- Nguna Island – Taloa Village visit
- Emua Village – Beachfront lunch
- Encounter the cargo cult communities of Tanna and see for yourself how these indigenous villages have incorporated WWII iconography into their religious traditions.
- Hike to the rim of Mt Yasur, one of the world’s most active volcanoes, and watch the smoke and lava billowing (from a safe distance, of course).
- Snorkel in the clear waters around Nguna and see the remarkable coral reef that is protected as part of a marine reserve.
- Go beyond the walled-off resorts and discover the beauty and cultures of Vanuatu. Trek, paddle, swim and snorkel in some of the most beautiful places in the tropics.
- Trek through the towering rainforest to find a banyan tree that is said to be the largest in the world, with hundreds of prop roots that support it.
Port Vila – Rentapao River
Tanna – Mt Yasur
Tanna – Port Vila
Nguna Island – Port Vila